DSRVS aims to be among the world’s foremost academic institutions through the pursuit of excellence in academics , research and promotion of innovation by offering world-class education to train future leaders in science and technology and by applying arts/ science and technology breakthroughs for India’s wealth creation and social welfare. And Fulfilling entire learning requirements of the society our symbiotic partner, by making intensive and visible efforts to sensitize the society through students towards the issues of social discontent and injustice and work for a peaceful, dynamic and forward moving society. Creating new opportunities for the youth by imparting them the knowledge of the language, culture, believes, religion and rituals of neighbouring countries and the countries with Indian Diaspora. This, in turn will enhance business opportunities and exchange of ideas and create socio-cultural bonhomie for a progressive and peaceful humanity.
Our mission is to realize our vision by:
To contribute to the super ordinate goal of nation building through realization of civilizational role and civilizational goals in a global setting by creating and managing knowledge for social evolution, by inculcating values among youth and creating a climate of innovation and learning addressed to all segments of society.
- Imparting world-class higher education in an environment of fundamental and applied research in any academic/ science and engineering subjects.
- Conducting high-impact research, generating new knowledge, and disseminating this knowledge through publications in top journals and conferences
- Imparting education in various branches of learning
- Applying deep knowledge in various areas to create know how and developing such know how for utilization by industry and society
- For the advancement of learning, undertake research in various branches of learning.
- Undertake updating and modernizing curricula and examination system, and
- Take up such other work or activity or project as the University may deem proper to undertake in order to achieve its objectives
IDEED starting a Swayam /NPTEL program for technical and non technical students through LMS system of NPTEL and we encourage NPTEL program through our Institute Study Centers and CSC under Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology, Government of India. Through this program students from far flung places will be able to join these courses and get higher education in their education. We are starting small labs through central / state government we start new innovations with NPTEL courses. NPTEL (National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning), is a joint venture of the IITs and IISc, funded by the Ministry of Education (MoE) Government of India, and was launched in 2003. Initially started as a project to take quality education to all corners of the country, NPTEL now offers close to 600+ courses for certification every semester in about 22 disciplines
- Largest online repository in the world of courses in engineering, basic sciences and selected humanities and
- management subjects YouTube channel for NPTEL – most subscribed educational channel, 1.3 billion views and 40+ lakhs subscribers
- More than 56000 hours of video content, transcribed and subtitled
- Most accessed library of peer-reviewed educational content in the world
- Translation of more than 12000 hrs of English transcripts in regional Indian languages
Why was this initiative through the model of Open Online Courses?
Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC) is essentially an asynchronous teaching-learning platform, where the process involves use of pre-recorded lectures, resource video materials, lecture notes, assignments and quizzes, as content and self assessment at regular intervals. The learning, through scheduling of fixed time duration for completion of courses and, therefore, the simultaneous participation of teachers and a large number of students may be termed synchronous and is thus similar to a classroom, albeit on the Internet and being much larger in size. When offered with consideration for students in non-urban and rural areas through supplementary DVDs and mobile delivered content, they enable quality and equitable access to a much larger population of students and can lead to a significant rise in the Gross Enrollment Ratio. These courses are open for anyone to access – free of cost. So anyone who is interested in learning gets access to quality content, which also includes discussion with the course faculty and access to assignments for self testing. The faculty who are currently offering courses are from the IITs or from other reputed institutes such as CMI, IMSc etc.
NPTEL Online Certification
The objective of enabling students obtain certificates for courses is to make students employable in the industry or pursue a suitable higher education programme. Through an online portal, 4, 8, or 12-week online courses, typically on topics relevant to students in all years of higher education along with basic core courses in sciences and humanities with exposure to relevant tools and technologies, are being offered. Enrolment to and learning from these courses is free. Following these online courses, an in-person, proctored certification exam is conducted and a certificate is provided through the participating institutions and industry, as applicable.
Credit transfer from SWAYAM courses
UGC and AICTE have issued guidelines whereby upto 40% of course credits can be obtained by taking courses on SWAYAM. For more details visit: IDEED